This 4 day safari to the Selous Game Reserve, departs from Dar es Salaam by vehicle and spends 3 nights at the Rufiji River Camp. It is a safari well worth doing if you find yourself in Dar es Salaam and have just a few days spare. This 4 Day Safari to Selous departs on request (subject to accommodation availability), and costing is based on the number of people.
Day 1 – Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve
Depart from Dar es Salaam city centre by 4×4 to the Selous Game Reserve to start your African safari. Enjoy a late lunch at the Rufiji River Camp. Embark on an afternoon game drive in the reserve, and then return to Rufiji River Camp for dinner and overnight
Day 2 – On safari at Rufiji River Camp, Selous Game Reserve
Enjoy a full day game viewing in the reserve. Participate in some classic – style game drives – exploring the bush in open 4 x 4 vehicles. Waterbuck, southern reed buck and bushbuck are common in the Selous. Rare sable antelope, lion and greater kudu also frequent this area. Meals and overnight at Rufiji River Camp
Day 3 – On safari at Rufiji River Camp, Selous Game Reserve
After breakfast, accompany an armed ranger on a walking safari in the reserve. The sights and sounds (and smells) of a walking safari are a special treat that will live long in your memory. The thrill of creeping up to animals to shoot them with your camera is a great experience.
In the afternoon, enjoy a boat safari where you will explore the different channels and lakes of the Rufiji River System, surrounded by hippos and crocodiles. A large variety of herons, storks, ducks, stilts, and other water birds may be seen. And you also see land mammals, such as giraffe and elephants. Meals and overnight at Rufiji River Camp
Day 4 – Selous Game Reserve back to Dar es Salaam
Enjoy a morning game drive in the Selous Game Reserve. Early lunch at the camp, followed by departure transfer to Dar es Salaam. Drop off in the city centre.
2 people US $ 2000
– We will send you an individual quote upon request in case its more than 3 people.
– The rate for this tour is applicable year-round.
– There is no minimum number of people required to book this tour.
– Game Reserve fee
– Airport transfers
– Boat excursions, Game drives and Walking safari
– Transport on 4WD vehicle with an open roof
– Accommodation Selous Hippo camp with three meals a day.
– Salary for the Professional English Drive Guide & armed ranger
– Activities as per itinerary above.
– Pure drinking water 1.5 liter a day per person
Donations and payments to local community projects
– Accommodation in Dar es Salaam on the arriving and departing date
– International flight
– Flying doctors insurance
– Activities which doesn’t mentioned on the itinerary
– Tips for diver and lodge staff